Sculptured Flexible Circuits
Sculptured flexible circuits have circuit traces that vary in thickness across the circuitry pattern. By having different thicknesses a circuit can have thicker copper where more current or structural strength is required and have thinner copper in areas that are flexed or bent, thereby improving the “flex life”. The different thicknesses of copper are achieved by a unique differential etching process.
When to use Sculptured Flex
- Integrated design reduces assembly labor costs (savings for our customers)
- Elimination of connector components saves weight and increases flexibility
- Provides very high reliability and superior performance
- Used when there are space constrictions in the design
Sculptured Flex Features
- Fingers are an integral part of the conductor patterns
- Customized for any pitch and configuration of mating board
- Straight or formed contacts available
- Unsupported termination traces
- Terminal point is thicker and can be directly used as a connector
- Eliminates a mechanical connection point and makes the connection more reliable
24 Hour Quotes
All Flex will provide a quote within 24 hours.
Need help? Request a Design Consultation below.
Download it for free or request a copy.